[Ads-l] "Mx."

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Wed Jul 3 14:24:39 UTC 2019

In an on-line solicitation to send an email to NJ Governor Murphy about ending solitary confinement, there was an entry for Salutation which offered the following options:

Mr.
Mrs.
Ms   (note, no period)
Miss
Dr.
Mx.  (note the period)

"Mx." is a new one on me.  I guess it has something to do with sexual orientation.  Is it common/nonce/being widely advocated or what?

And if you have a doctorate, are you above showing your sexual orientation?

- Jim Landau (who is fuddy-duddy enough to stick with "Mr.")