[Ads-l] the Good News Bad News joke routine

Sun Jul 7 19:33:39 UTC 2019

The 1871 citation fits the template; however, to heighten the humor
the designations "good news" and "bad news' have been swapped.

Conventional version of the tale:

Bad news: a problem has occurred (Thomas W. Conway...was attacked with
yellow fever)
Good news: the capability to solve the problem has opportunely become
available (Dr. Holcombe is attending Conway, and he is going to get
him well)

Comically inverted version of the tale:

Good news: a problem has occurred (Thomas W. Conway...was attacked
with yellow fever)
Bad news: the capability to solve the problem has opportunely become
available (Dr. Holcombe is attending Conway, and he is going to get
him well)

Garson