[Ads-l] that-which

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 10 17:40:59 UTC 2019

I did a paper in Language in 1976 titled "which that" and I wonder if this
Texas usage is a dialect retention of a form that  died out in other
dialects two or three hundred year ago.  We still have "except that," "now
that," "so that," and a few others, but "that" is generally gone after
complementizers.

Herb