[Ads-l] Berkeley and gender neutral words

Sat Jul 20 20:00:58 UTC 2019

The list of Gender-Neutral Equivalent Words at Writing Help Central
suggests that some words containing "master" should be replaced.
http://www.writinghelp-central.com/gender-neutral.html

master - expert
master key - passkey
master plan - main plan, primary plan
masterful - skillful, expert
masterpiece - great work of art
master's degree - graduate degree

The denizens of Sesame Street anticipated this linguistic development
many years ago with a recurring segment called Monsterpiece Theater
hosted by Cookie Monster as Alistair Cookie.

(This is not a critique or sarcasm. I have always thought the wordplay
"Monsterpiece Theater" was funny.)