[Ads-l] life imitates ADS-L

Mon Jul 22 15:39:31 UTC 2019

I had somehow managed to live 78 years without hearing or reading "Is there
a mouse in your pocket" as a riposte to an utterance that begins with "we".
A week or so after ADS-L introduced me to the expression, I heard a pair of
supermarket clerks bantering each other.  One said "We......"  The other
replied "We?  Is there a mouse.....?

Perhaps the second banterer is a lurker in ADS-L.

GAT

--
George A. Thompson
The Guy Who Still Looks Stuff Up in Books.

But when aroused at the Trump of Doom / Ye shall start, bold kings, from
your lowly tomb. . .
L. H. Sigourney, "Burial of Mazeen", Poems.  Boston, 1827, p. 112

The Trump of Doom -- also known as The Dunghill Toadstool.  (Here's a
picture of his great-grandfather.)
http://www.parliament.uk/worksofart/artwork/james-gillray/an-excrescence---a-fungus-alias-a-toadstool-upon-a-dunghill/3851