[Ads-l] Quote: You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything

Sat Jul 27 00:17:47 UTC 2019

Yesterday, a journalist with the Fact Check group of Agence France
Presse (AFP) asked me about a quotation attributed to super-investor
Warren Buffett, martial artist Bruce Lee, and Sylvester McNutt III. I
had explored the quotation when I received a previous request on March
27, 2019, but I did not create a QI article at that time.

The quotation is difficult to trace because it has primarily been
shared via several social media platforms. The search engines for
social media platforms are typically defective or non-existent. Here
is a version of the text:

[Begin target quotation]
You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to
everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and
observing everything with logic; true power is restraint. If words
control you that means everyone else can control you; breathe and
allow things to pass.
[End target quotation]

Here is a link to the QI article I posted today.
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2019/07/26/allow/

The two earliest tweets I found containing the quotation were from
@cfloorrrr Cindy Flores dated March 24, 2016
https://twitter.com/cfloorrrr/status/712865607356653569
https://twitter.com/cfloorrrr/status/712865824554487808

If you would like to help please take a look at the QI article and
then share your new discoveries. Thanks.

Garson O'Toole
QuoteInvestigator.com