[Ads-l] "What do you mean we, paleface / white man / kemo sabe?"

Wed Jun 5 16:31:18 UTC 2019

Ben Yagoda wrote:
> Another variation was a favorite comeback of my college buddy Bob Zaglin, back in the ‘70s.
> Me: What are we gonna do now?
> Zag: You got a rat in your pocket?

The QI website has an article about the editorial 'we' with citations
beginning in 1855  (Ben Zimmer is acknowledged). A "mouse in your
pocket" citation from 1954 was included.

Only Monarchs, Editors, and People with Tapeworms Have the Right to
Use the Editorial ‘We’
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/06/13/we/

Garson