[Ads-l] "blimp" antedating

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 8 22:31:17 UTC 2019

This gives me the chance to observe that the celebrated British balloon
that depicts Donald Trump as a squalling infant is generally described on
cable news as "the Trump baby blimp."

Despite its tubbiness, it is not a "blimp" at all.  It is a "captive
balloon" or "aerostat."

JL