[Ads-l] Antedating of "American Dream"

Fri Mar 1 23:44:26 UTC 2019

I think multiple definitions are possible for "the American Dream".
Here is the definition chosen by the editors of the Oxford English
Dictionary.

[Begin excerpt]
American dream n. (also American Dream) (with the) the ideal that
every citizen of the United States should have an equal opportunity to
achieve success and prosperity through hard work, determination, and
initiative.
[End except]