[Ads-l] athleisure

Dave Hause dwhause at CABLEMO.NET
Sat Mar 2 06:59:03 UTC 2019

Damn!  I was in fashion once, except before it was in fashion.  It was
called "UCP" which stood for Universal Camouflage Pattern (except it didn't
really match any pattern except one of Sadam Hussein's couches.)  Before
that it was "Woodland" which actually was.  I wonder if the hipsters
realize.  Except guns would probably scare them.
Dave Hause

-----Original Message-----
From: Barretts Mail
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2019 10:28 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: athleisure

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/2/26/18240110/uniform-dressing-reddit-wear-same-thing-every-day
<https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/2/26/18240110/uniform-dressing-reddit-wear-same-thing-every-day>
An interview with a guy who wears the same thing every day
by Luke Winkie
—
It is the de facto aesthetic for a whole genre of stubbly athleisure men,
but Kersey takes it to the extremes.
—

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athleisure
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athleisure>

I laughed when I saw this term. Perhaps it’s a sign of crotchetiness about
language change, lol

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA