[Ads-l] Antedating of "Tiddlywinks"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Mar 3 02:40:09 UTC 2019

> On Mar 2, 2019, at 6:59 PM, Mark Mandel <mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> I keep reading that as "Confessions of the Anteater".
>
> Mark Manel

This came up a little while ago (luckily I save all my e-mails so I can be sure I’m not hallucinating the exchange).  Mark mentioned reading Fred’s confessions as produced by an anteater—

> On Oct 3, 2018, at 12:38 PM, Mark Mandel <Mark.A.Mandel at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> I'd like a copy. (At first I saw it as "Confessions of an Anteater"!)
>
> Mark Mandel

--I agreed with both observations and suggested a logo, with Arnold refining the idea.

> On Oct 3, 2018, at 4:50 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU> wrote:
>
> Me too and me too, respectively.  Indeed, my mailer tells me that when I type “antedater" I really meant “anteater”.  Maybe someone should work on a logo—an anteater, perhaps with bifocals, perusing a dictionary, with the “d” of dictionary dropping gently between the (first) <e> and (second) <a> of the ANTE_ATER caption.

i think we *definitely* need a logo of this sort: anteater with fleeting D.

arnold

No progress has made on the plan, I regret to say.

LH