[Ads-l] Reinhold Aman RIP

Mon Mar 11 17:35:58 UTC 2019

Maledicta was panned thoroughly in TLS, no doubt 40 years ago.  I
immediately opened a subscription for the library where I was working.
Truly, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

GAT

--
George A. Thompson
The Guy Who Still Looks Stuff Up in Books.

But when aroused at the Trump of Doom / Ye shall start, bold kings, from
your lowly tomb. . .
L. H. Sigourney, "Burial of Mazeen", Poems.  Boston, 1827, p. 112

The Trump of Doom -- also known as The Dunghill Toadstool.  (Here's a
picture of his great-grandfather.)
http://www.parliament.uk/worksofart/artwork/james-gillray/an-excrescence---a-fungus-alias-a-toadstool-upon-a-dunghill/3851