[Ads-l] Expression in the news: Looking for a black cat in a dark room

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 25 17:41:57 UTC 2019

There is an interesting mention in a 1978 NSF publication:

"Some years ago, there was a joke going around Moscow University that
described philosophy as looking for a black cat in a dark room."

Of course, the Russians may have read it in Dickens...