[Ads-l] Blurb and blurbing

dave@wilton.net dave at WILTON.NET
Thu May 16 12:01:22 UTC 2019

I dunno. This is the first I've heard of a 1906 edition.

-----Original Message-----
From: "ADSGarson O'Toole" <adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:28pm
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ADS-L] Blurb and blurbing

Thanks for your response, Dave.

"Are You a Bromide?" was first published in 1906. The Bookseller's
Annual Dinner was held in May 1907. Was the word "blurb" coined in
1906 or 1907? Was the book jacket created in 1906 or 1907?

Advancing age and decrepitude led me to forget that I had already
raised these questions three years ago.
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2016-October/144544.html

So, I'll drop this topic.
Garson