[Ads-l] Quote: All parents are environmentalists until they have their second child (Request help to access Behavioral and Brain Sciences)

Tue May 21 23:50:51 UTC 2019

Thanks very much for your help, Chris. The request has been satisfied.

Chris Waigl wrote:
> From the title, I initially thought this was about parents being so busy
> with two or more children that they can't manage any more to
> bring/wash/manage reusable eating and drinking implements, diapers etc. The
> meaning of environmentalist has morphed a little since 1987.

Yes, I think nowadays "environment" typically refers to habitat,
terrain, or ecology. Yet, even in the 1980s that may have been the
default interpretation; the word is certainly ambiguous.

In the "Behavioral and Brain Sciences" journal, "environment" and
"heredity" are employed as contrasting terms. Within the main article
and the reply articles "environment", "environmental", and
"environmentalist" occur many times.

Garson