[Ads-l] Idiom backfire

Fri May 31 14:15:57 UTC 2019

In 1952 nudism was comically attacked as noted in my previous post. My
exploration also uncovered a 1910 citation that employed a similar
style of reasoning to justify nudism.

Date: February 25, 1910
Newspaper: The Moran Herald
Newspaper Location: Moran, Kansas
Article: Things We Think
Author: Elbert Bede
Quote Page 4, Column 3
Database: Newspapers.com
[Begin excerpt]
Raymond Duncan's wife is trying to make us believe that we ought to
adorn our bodies after the fashion of a Greek statue, and that If God
had intended us to wear clothes Adam and Eve would have been born that
way. She says she expects to see the time when people will perambulate
around this mundane sphere garbed in nothing but that provided in the
beginning by an all-wise and far-seeing Providence.
[End excerpt]

The 1886 citation below points to other attributes shared by many
humans at birth.