[Ads-l] OK Boomer

Martin Purdy 00000bd8cf391c5b-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Thu Nov 14 20:25:44 UTC 2019

First time I heard this expression was in reporting from the New Zealand Parliament recently, when the curiously-spelled MP Chlöe Swarbrick used it to silence an older heckler:
The world is obsessed with Chlöe Swarbrick's 'OK, boomer' jibe

Previously I'd only known "boomer" (without the prefixed "baby") as a term for a male red kangaroo.

|  |  |

|  |
The world is obsessed with Chlöe Swarbrick's 'OK, boomer' jibe

Chlöe Swarbrick thought her 'OK, boomer' jibe would kill the meme. Instead, it's gone global.

Martin PurdyNZ