[Ads-l] "activity" (UNCLASSIFIED)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY CCDC AVMC (USA) 0000099bab68be9a-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Tue Nov 19 19:01:36 UTC 2019

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

In DoD, an "Activity" is usually an organization, but can be a place occupied by an organization.

A quick search found the "Army Declassification Activity", an element of the "Records Management and Declassification Agency".

Also seen:
Communications Security Logistics Activity
Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity
Crane Army Ammunition Activity, which is located at Naval Support Activity Crane in Indiana
Air Transportability Test Loading Activity
Naval Ophthalmic Support and Training Activity
Cryptologic Warfare Activity
Navy Supply Information Systems Activity

I know such usage goes back at least to 1989, when I the office I worked for received funding from a group which was called an Activity.