[Ads-l] Yet Further Antedating of "Smog"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Nov 20 19:21:12 UTC 2019

Also, a question for Fred: does the context in the Sentinel piece make it clear whether the non-British fog/smog in question was in Santa Cruz itself? Or is the suggestion that it’s the British variety that qualifies as “smog”, even though the lexical (as opposed to meteorological) blend itself originated stateside?

LH