[Ads-l] word for kind of subtitle?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 22 00:00:01 UTC 2019

Not long ago I came across a special term for the sort of movie/TV subtitle
that labels the time and place of a new scene or identifies a new character.

They were used extensively in The X-Files, but are common elsewhere. The
earliest exx. I've noticed, IIRC, were in the 1958 version of _Dunkirk_,
and they were used a lot in _The Longest Day_.

Now that I need to know the term of course, I can't remember it, and I
can't find it on the Net.

Anybody know what it could be?

(No, it's not "informative subtitle.")

JL