[Ads-l] word for kind of subtitle?

Fri Nov 22 15:25:44 UTC 2019

Here is a another possibility for the term you desire: expository intertitle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intertitle
[Begin excerpt]
Intertitle

In films, an intertitle (also known as a title card) is a piece of
filmed, printed text edited into the midst of (i.e. inter-) the
photographed action at various points. Intertitles used to convey
character dialogue are referred to as "dialogue intertitles", and
those used to provide related descriptive/narrative material are
referred to as "expository intertitles".[1] In modern usage, the terms
refer to similar text and logo material inserted at or near the start
of films and television shows.
[End excerpt]