[Ads-l] folk aphorism?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Dec 1 01:37:30 UTC 2019

Not being a quotehound (or even a quotekitty), I tracked down exactly one
instance on the web, which appears to be from the same source (although
it's not credited):
https://archive.org/details/WRAL_20161117_120000_Today/start/2100/end/2160

I did find this quote, credited to Victoria Holt, which involves the same
excluded middle but goes somewhere else with it:
*"You should never regret anything in life. If it's good, it's wonderful.
If it's bad, it's experience"*
And either way you can wash it down with rye.
LH