[Ads-l] Antedatings and Etymological Speculation Concerning "Spam" (Computing)

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 5 16:09:14 UTC 2019

I wasn’t able to find it either, but see also p. 77 of the MA thesis “Trufax about Discussion Group Netspeak: An Historical Analysis of Semantic Change in the English Slang of Newsgroups and Web Forums” (https://tinyurl.com/yy92lh8b <https://tinyurl.com/yy92lh8b>) by Stephen Turton. He discusses the citation in the section on spam.

Benjamin Barrett (he/his/him)
Formerly of Seattle, WA