[Ads-l] Euphemism?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 14 11:57:11 UTC 2019

Earliest:

1951 Donald Powell Wilson _My Six Convicts_ (N.Y.: Rinehart) 45 [ref. to
1933]: Let this wise-ass ham hang himself.

Dr. Wilson's book is a semi-fictionalized account of his time as a prison
psychologist at Ft. Leavenworth in the '30s.

JL