[Ads-l] "finsta" - fake instagram account

Thu Oct 24 02:42:29 UTC 2019

Here are some tweets from 2008 that employ "fwitter" (fake twitter)
and "flog" (fake blog)

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/RobertBluey/status/771115331
Rob Bluey @RobertBluey Mar 13, 2008
Friends @DavidAll, @EATerrell, @ethand and @JohnWonderlich have
convinced me to Twitter again. Apparently, I'm a Fwitter
(fake-twitter).
[End tweet info]

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/JohnWonderlich/status/771038146
John Wonderlich @JohnWonderlich Mar 13, 2008
Replying to @DavidAll
@DavidAll agreed, like the wording "actually using" twitter.  There
should be a word for auto-twitter, like fake-twitter (fwitter)
[End tweet info]

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/jowyang/status/877190704?s=20
Jeremiah Owyang @jowyang Aug 4, 2008
If a fake blog is a "Flog" is a fake twitter account (like
@exxonmobilcorp) a "Fwitter"?
[End tweet info]

[Begin tweet info]
https://twitter.com/BostonRS/status/877521739?s=20
Scott Ludwig @BostonRS Aug 4, 2008
Interesting article on "Exxon's" fake twitter or as @jowyang put it
Fwitter account http://snurl.com/3ap5p
[End tweet info]

[Begin Urban dictionary info]
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fwitter
Fwitter
A fake Twitter acount, made to follow a real Tweet to make it jump in
ranking. Pronounced "fitte:r".
- Did you hear about Joe? He went from 15 followers to 5k in just a
couple of days!
- Well, they're all fwitters so who cares? Joe's a douchebag anyway.
#twitter#fake#ranking jump#tweet#micro blog
by JamesMasonIsGod February 18, 2009
[End Urban dictionary info]

Garson