[Ads-l] dolphin

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 25 12:48:21 UTC 2019

"Zoomie" has  applied to naval and other military aviators since WWII.  In
fact, it seems to have originated in the Navy.  The Air Force used to
prefer "flyboy."

HDAS had a lot more exx. (all later), but these seem to have disappeared
into the cyberdepths, along with much else.

1943 Chicago Daily Times (Apr. 28) 22:  Lt. Charles E. Rodebaugh, U.S.N.,
is a Zoomie – PPC of a PBY Catalina patrol seaplane.

"PPC" = "patrol plane commander.

JL