[Ads-l] Further Antedating of "Preppy"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 25 21:02:49 UTC 2019

Maybe I've said this before, but what is most interesting in such cases is
not the remarkable age of the term, but the fact that decades (in this
case, many decades) evidently had to elapse before it entered common
currency.

"Preppy" doesn't even have the excuse of having being thought coarse or
unprintable.

JL