[Ads-l] question order in embedded question

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 15 02:25:00 UTC 2019

I think this topic has been covered here before. The Washington Post has a nice example today:

‘More united’ vs. ‘A house divided’: GOP goes all in on Trump while Democrats clash over ideology and tactics
by By Toluse Olorunnipa and Rachael Bade

****
For both parties, Trump is the main driver of the disruption, said Amy Walter, national editor of the Cook Political Report.

“Democrats are trying to figure out who is the candidate that can play on Trump’s terrain, which is different from any terrain we’ve ever seen in modern politics,” she said.
####
####

I don’t see intonation making this sound right.

Benjamin Barrett (he/his/him)
Formerly of Seattle, WA