[Ads-l] what's the latest [,] dope/poop/skinny?

Sun Sep 15 20:23:03 UTC 2019

Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> The earliest discovered exx. of "the skinny," acc. to HDAS, appear in the
> memoir, _The Rolling World_ (Boston:

Your message seems to be incomplete. Green’s Dictionary of Slang has this:
skinny n.3
[? play on SE skin, i.e. ‘the naked truth’, ‘the bare facts’]
1958 (con. 1950) E. Frankel Band of Brothers 17: ‘What’s the skinny?’
Monk Nelson asked Firesteen.

Garson