[Ads-l] Wisdom from Sam Ervin

Fri Sep 27 16:36:13 UTC 2019

I recall the Senator saying to or about Attorney General  Mitchell "We
should expect from the Attorney General an ethical standard higher than the
minimum requirement of the criminal code." or something similar.  It's not
in the quotation books I have handy, nor have I traced it in the newspapers
of the time, in probably a too-quick search.

I will not go into the reason why this should be in my mind of late.

GAT

--
George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998.

But when aroused at the Trump of Doom / Ye shall start, bold kings, from
your lowly tomb. . .
L. H. Sigourney, "Burial of Mazeen", Poems.  Boston, 1827, p. 112

The Trump of Doom -- also known as The Dunghill Toadstool.  (Here's a
picture of his great-grandfather.)
http://www.parliament.uk/worksofart/artwork/james-gillray/an-excrescence---a-fungus-alias-a-toadstool-upon-a-dunghill/3851