[Ads-l] QOTY

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 14 18:21:56 UTC 2020

>“President Trump is a ratings hit
WikiP

*Illeism* /ˈɪli.ɪzəm/ <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA/English>
 (from Latin <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin> *ille* meaning "he,
that") is the act of referring to oneself in the third person
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_person> instead of first person
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_person>.

Illeism is sometimes used in literature as a stylistic device. In real-life
usage, illeism can reflect a number of different stylistic intentions or
involuntary circumstances.

Though my guess is somebody else tweeted that tweet. reviving, attracted an
average of, roughly, viewership, finale - these aren't Trumpian terms.  I
can see the last being a suggestion but even "continuing to rise" is a bit
elegant for his usual tweeting.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:45 AM Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry. Can't resist. Can you guess the name of the Tweeter?
>
> https://thebulwark.com/38792-2/
>
> “President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House
> briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average
> audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season
> finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise... "
>

> JL
>

> --

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com