[Ads-l] Repartee: "He is his own worst enemy" "Not while I'm alive" (Request search in New York Herald Tribune)

Wed Apr 22 05:11:17 UTC 2020

After extracting more text, examining more snippets, and performing
bibliographical searches I have gathered some tentative data. The
target quotation apparently appears within the following article:

Date: March 12, 1933 (Best guess)
Title of Book Review: Life Is Just a Game of Baseball
Author of Book Review: Franklin P. Adams
Book Under Review: Lose With a Smile by Ring Lardner
Quote Page Number 4
Periodical: Books – Book Review Journal of the Sunday New York Herald
Tribune (might be listed under: New York Herald Tribune Weekly Book
Review)
Verification with hardcopy, microfilm, or scans required

[Begin extracted text for target quotation]
. . . only the other night when I said I am my own worst enemy 4
fellows rushed in to say loyaly not while they was alive.
[End extracted text]

Can you help?
Garson O'Toole