[Ads-l] QI on a Perl geek list

Tue Aug 18 14:33:16 UTC 2020

Andy Bach wrote:
> OT, but
> Subject: The SF Perl Raku Study Group, at 1pm this Sunday, the 16th
>
> "The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our
> wits to grow sharper." [1]   Time for another Raku study group:
>
> [1] Attributed to Bertrand Russell at
> https://www.success.com/21-of-the-most-inspirational-quotes/
>
> Probably a paraphrase of Eden Phillpotts, "A Shadow Passes" (1919):
> https://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/07/07/magical-things-waiting/

Thanks for pointing this out, Andy. Happy to see people finding and
sharing material from the Quote Investigator (QI) website.

In the past I carefully examined the analytics of the QI website to
determine the identity of the websites who were sending me traffic. It
was fun to know when, for example, the washingtonpost.com, reddit.com,
and news.ycombinator.com were linking to the website. Nowadays many
people erase cookies, block JavaScript, and/or block advertisements.
People desire privacy and do not like ads. So the analytics data is
flawed and incomplete.

Nevertheless, even the imperfect data shows thousands of daily
visitors who I am glad to help.
Garson