[Ads-l] Sorophobia

Stanton McCandlish smccandlish at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 25 05:57:30 UTC 2020

That's a new one to me.  I encountered this term in a news story, quoting
something written by a professor.
https://news.yahoo.com/iowa-state-university-forced-professor-195057364.html

I have yet to find a clear definition, just a few rambling gender-studies
papers about "negotiating dialectic spaces" among the "differences between
women".  Etymologically it seems to mean "fear of sisters", if Latin-based,
though someone on twitter joked that it could mean "fear of coffins" if you
go the Greek route.

Google hits for the term are almost all repeats of the same news story.

--
Stanton McCandlish
McCandlish Consulting

+1 415 234 3992

https://www.linkedin.com/in/SMcCandlish

"The capacity to produce social chaos is the last resort of desperate
people."
—Cornel West, author and philosopher (1953–)
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
—Isaac Asimov, biochemist and science-fiction writer (1920–1992)