[Ads-l] more impossible

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY CCDC AVMC (USA) 0000099bab68be9a-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Fri Dec 11 16:23:12 UTC 2020

> I can understand if something is "possible" it could be made  even "more possible."  But a TV
> announcer said something that was "impossible" was made even more "impossible".  I don't
> think that's possible if it's impossible in the first place.
>
> Tom Zurinskas,

This is more of a comment on the announcer than it is of the phrase "more impossible".  I.e., he's not a good writer/speaker of the English language.

Is there some sort of law, "Never attribute to a new feature of language that which can be explained by a moron using the language?"  It would account for many usages which are reported here.