[Ads-l] big apple

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 4 21:47:15 UTC 2020

OMG! When I was a kid in the fifties, my family played a lot of folk music
(on records), probably instilling in me the love of and fascination with
singing, especially folk songs, that I retained and reveled in to this day.
Among the singers were the Weavers, Richard Dyer-Bennet, Burl Ives,
and *Charity
Bailey*. And until five minutes ago I never knew she was Black. Thank you.

Mark Mandel