[Ads-l] Help with the f-word and parts of speech

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Tue Feb 25 12:57:38 UTC 2020

On 2/25/20 00:00, ADS-L automatic digest system wrote:
> Date:    Tue, 25 Feb 2020 04:19:45 +0000
> From:    Bill Mullins<amcombill at HOTMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Help with the f-word and parts of speech
>
> I was recently in a discussion on another forum that went as follows, and I'd welcome any comments or corrections from the professionals here.  It's been too long since I studied parts of speech, and I probably got something wrong here.
> *****************first exchange starts*********

I love me my _A Student's Introduction to English Grammar_ by Huddleston
& Pullum for situations like this, when searching through the CGEL seems
too damn daunting . . .

Ima gonna let the real syntacticians answer your real question . . .

---Amy West