[Ads-l] Arnold Zwicky in OED

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 25 18:27:19 UTC 2020

Arnold had previously been recognized by the OED for "frequency illusion"
(citing the same 2005 Language Log post with "recency illusion"). That was
included in the Mar. 2019 update, which I wrote about here:

https://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=42180

I also noticed that "recency illusion" had been added to the OED last year
-- as I note at the end of this post from last October:

https://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=44656

Not sure why it's only now making the OED inclusion list.

https://public.oed.com/updates/new-words-list-january-2020/