[Ads-l] It isn't about the money

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 11 20:40:50 UTC 2020

At some point last year, I jotted this down from Deadline: White House
(MSNBC):

"There's an old Hollywood adage: 'When they say it's not about the money,
it's about the money.'"

1996 San Francisco Examiner (Feb. 25) 28: "But to borrow the oft-repeated
remark of New York Giants executive George Young, "When they say it isn't
about money, it's always about money."

1999 Indiana [Pa.] Gazette (Feb. 19) 13: With labor contract issues
constantly in the news, Willie, our ex-shoeshine boy, says the old line is
still true: "When someone tells you it isn't about money...it's about
money."

JL