[Ads-l] obscene slang on TV

Bill Mullins amcombill at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 2 02:30:03 UTC 2020

> Indeed, it was this very lack of lyrics that made it possible for this

> gross obscenity to get a wink and a nod from the censors and be accorded

> airplay, in any case.

I read this and thought, "Wilson, you really do have a dirty mind."  Then I found:

Louisville Courier-Journal 12/22/1941 p 7 col 6

"Glenn Miller has lots of fun with the inappropriately named "A String of Pearls"
on Bluebird, backed by a smooth "Day Dreaming." "

So maybe 1940s people were just as depraved and perverted as folks today.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>    Virus-free. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link>