[Ads-l] Boogaloo

Tue Jun 2 16:04:07 UTC 2020

The phrase "Civil War II - Electric Boogaloo" appeared in a Usenet
message in October 1994. The phrase referred to the possibility of a
second U.S. Civil War. Read the message to see the context. It looks
like the person who used it was "MA Hovi".

Usenet distributed message system
Newsgroups: alt.tv.melrose-place
From: ig... at ellis.uchicago.edu (Sleepy)
Subject: Re: U.S. CIVIL WAR IMMINENT
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 06:03:47 GMT

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.tv.melrose-place/c5zYxXTx9ak/V1cqi4-XOeMJ

[Begin excerpt]
In article <38mhea$o... at news.duke.edu> a... at hudson9.acpub.duke.edu
(Andrew Alexander Mcmanus) writes:
> [...]
I think I'd rather sit and watch on TV like....
>|> Wow!  I can't wait to see it on CNN!
>|>
>|> Maybe PBS can make a mini-series about it, too.
>|>
>|> "The Civil War II -- This Time, It's Personal"
>|>
>How about 'Civil War II - Electric Boogaloo'?

"The Civil War - The Remix"
"Fox Presents, 'The Civil War with new in-your-face-cam'"
"Amy Fisher's Free and Now a Nation Stands Divided"
"Melrose on Mondays?!  Civil War Ensues"
[End excerpt]

Below is an excerpt from a Usenet message posted in April 2007
containing "Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo-The Big Reset". The context
was the Marvel Comics crossover storyline called "Civil War" that was
published in 2006–2007.

Usenet distributed message system