[Ads-l] Boogaloo

Tue Jun 2 17:48:03 UTC 2020

Thanks for your thoughtful comment, Arnold.

The movie "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo" is discussed in the NPR
article which Ben Zimmer pointed to with his first link, so I assumed
that readers understood the connection; however, I should have been
more helpful and mentioned the movie in my post.

The 1994 Usenet post also contained the phrase "The Civil War II --
This Time, It's Personal". This phrase was also built on a movie
reference. The 1987 movie "Jaws: The Revenge" used the tagline "This
time... It's personal".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093300/taglines