[Ads-l] Donald J. Trump Quotes from 2019-2020

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jun 11 00:24:17 UTC 2020

> On Jun 10, 2020, at 7:34 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU> wrote:
>
> I am checking over the copyediting of the forthcoming second edition of the Yale Book of Quotations.  This gives me one final chance to add recent quotations from President Trump.  I would welcome any suggestions of notable quotations from the President from the period from December 2018 to the present.  I already have the following:
>
> I would like you to do us a favor, though.
> Memorandum of telephone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelenskiy, 25 July 2019
>
> One day, it's [the novel coronavirus is] like a miracle, it will disappear.
> Remarks at African-American History Month reception at White House, 27 Feb. 2020
>
> When somebody is the President of the United States the authority is total.
> Remarks at White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, 13 Apr. 2020
>
> I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it [the coronavirus that causes COVID-19] out in a minute.  One minute.  And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.
> Remarks at White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, 23 Apr. 2020
>
> Fred Shapiro

I like this one (posted as a QOTY candidate the day after it was uttered):

“When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.”
--DJT, 14 May 2020, Allentown, PA

Andy Bach included these three in an ADS-L post last December 17:

"There has never been, ever before, an administration that’s been so open
and transparent" was selected as PolitiFact's Readers Poll for Lie of the
Year.

The first runner-up from Trump also won the PolitiFact Lie of the Year
award: "The first so-called second hand information ‘Whistleblower’ got my
phone conversation almost completely wrong."

Third place went to Trump’s statement that originally "almost all models
predicted" that Hurricane Dorian would hit Alabama.