[Ads-l] famous or infamous?

Tue Jun 23 04:14:13 UTC 2020

JL: I believe that the Cobra Kai karate dojo is portrayed very
negatively in the Karate Kid film trilogy. Thus, the use of "infamous"
in the passage you shared seems to fit the conventional meaning. This
conclusion is based on descriptions of the movie plots I have heard
and information in Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kreese

[Begin excerpt]
Sensei John Kreese . . . is a Vietnam War veteran and the sensei of
the Cobra Kai dojo. He instructs his students to have no mercy towards
their opponents.
[End excerpt]

[Begin excerpt]
Kreese instructs Bobby Brown, . . .  to disable Daniel with an illegal
attack on the knee.
[End excerpt]

Daniel is the hero if the first film