[Ads-l] How to say "figure"

Stanton McCandlish smccandlish at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jun 27 16:25:00 UTC 2020

"Figyer" as American is actually an over-generalization; lots of us say
"figger", especially in expressions like "figure it out" (I do, though I
use "figyur" in other senses, like "figure drawing").  The British one is
more like "figguh", at least in most (non-rhotic) dialects.

--
Stanton McCandlish
McCandlish Consulting

+1 415 234 3992

https://www.linkedin.com/in/SMcCandlish

"The capacity to produce social chaos is the last resort of desperate
people."
—Cornel West, author and philosopher (1953–)
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
—Isaac Asimov, biochemist and science-fiction writer (1920–1992)