[Ads-l] Do we mostly say "ken" for "can"

Laichar 00000d5856cf7c2c-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Sun Jun 28 13:29:38 UTC 2020

I live in Hong Kong and have an accent skewed to some artificial generic
British pronunciation, so I generally don't have that problem. However
every time when relatives visit from the US (NY to be exact) my
pronunciation of "can" gets skewed towards "ken" to some kind of sound
similar to /kae:n/.

Laichar