[Ads-l] Weird use of "impact" to mean something like "negative situation"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Mar 13 01:36:23 UTC 2020

I suspect it's a kind of one-off compression (or blend) of "the impact of
this public health [crisis]" (or some noun other than "crisis"), rather
than a new sense of "impact"
LH