[Ads-l] New term for me "gig economy"

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 27 17:58:42 UTC 2020

I wrote about "gig economy" for the Wall Street Journal in 2015, noting the
2009 use that Fred mentions (Tina Brown in The Daily Beast).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gig-once-a-word-for-a-joke-now-for-an-economy-1438961012
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-gig-economy

I also antedated OED2 for the musical sense (pushing it back from 1926 to
1921).

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2015-August/138431.html