[Ads-l] housekeeping

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 8 22:23:49 UTC 2020

I thought I had written about this word but cannot find it in my outbox or the archives.

In seminars, workshops and other gatherings, “housekeeping” often refers to instructions or protocols to help the gathering run smoothly.

Master PBL in 5 simple steps
Kyle Wagner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVd8TguMq0w <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVd8TguMq0w>
0:28

###
Now, first, a couple of housekeeping items: First, questions are welcome.
###
###

The closest I see in the OED is "In extended use. The action of managing something or keeping something in good order to enable optimum efficiency or performance (often with regard to financial matters)” and in Wiktionary (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/housekeeping <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/housekeeping>) is "Any general tasks that involve preparation.”

Benjamin Barrett (he/his/him)
Formerly of Seattle, WA