[Ads-l] a headline pleading for a hyphen

Sat May 16 20:46:01 UTC 2020

>From the web-page of the Guardian:
Ellie Price murder accused Ricardo Barbaro tells court he is withdrawing
from medication
It took a bit of study before I realized that Ellie Price murder-accused
Ricardo Barbaro had told the court he is withdrawing from medication.
Or, as a workaround, Ricardo Barbaro, accused of Ellie Price murder. . . .
  But that might not have fit the space available, and anyway, I like
hyphens.

GAT

--
George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998.

But when aroused at the Trump of Doom / Ye shall start, bold kings, from
your lowly tomb. . .
L. H. Sigourney, "Burial of Mazeen", Poems.  Boston, 1827, p. 112

The Trump of Doom -- also known as The Dunghill Toadstool.  (Here's a
picture of his great-grandfather.)
http://www.parliament.uk/worksofart/artwork/james-gillray/an-excrescence---a-fungus-alias-a-toadstool-upon-a-dunghill/3851